Here is a healthy alternative to those commercial chocolates full of sugar, hydrogenated fat and cows milk - our delicious, creamy, raw chocolate recipe.
Raw Hazelnut Pralines
- Put the cacao & coconut butters in a bowl
- Sit it in a pan of hot water to melt (take care not to get water in the mix).
- Sieve the powders into the liquid butters, and whisk in.
- Stir in maple syrup and salt.
- Use silicon molds with a bit of depth - rest them on something hard like a place mat.
- Pour in enough choc to cover the bottom of the molds, and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Add a half teaspoon of hazelnut butter to each mold and push a hazelnut into it.
- Top up with chocolate and freeze another 15 minutes. Store in the fridge.
- 100g cacao butter
- 50g coconut butter
- 1 Tbsp lucuma powder
- 1 Tbsp maca powder
- 65g cocoa powder
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- fat pinch of salt
- small jar of hazelnut butter
- whole hazelnuts
Taste the Difference
Stuff you make yourself is better in every way. You know what's in it, you have had to spend the time. money and energy to create it, and hopefully researched a little about where it comes from. But there are few places where it is more impactful than with commercial chocolate.
Before we even look at the health implications (below), take a moment to consider the ethical and political story. The chocolate industry is notorious for using slave labour (even children imported into slavery from neighbouring countries) under horrendous working conditions to pick and process the fruits. And that is just the humans! Then there's the wildlife, the cows for their milk, etc...
Anyway, back to the health implications...
You can make a fantastic natural moisturizer with almost the same ingredients as chocolate. See here....